Villages of Lanzarote
Lanzarote has some wonderful villages situated outside of the main resorts. One of the consequences of the work done by Cesar Manrique and follow-up local regulations is that many villages have maintained a traditional style of construction with white as the predominant color.Show Map
Villages depicted in this post from north to south are:
- Órzola, the most northern village in Lanzarote and a peaceful fishing settlement famed for its fantastic fish and seafood restaurants
- Yé, inland just under the Corona volcano
- Haria, the beautiful green oasis fondly known as the Valley of a Thousand Palms. This is due to a tradition of planting palm trees to mark the birth of a child,
- Yaiza and Uga, at the southern end of La Geria
- and finally Playa Blanca, more a town than a village actually, at the southern tip of the island, facing Fuerteventura.